DAWSON'S BLOG

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." (Summation of Lance Armstrong)

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 3

The last day. Finally. Hahaha. Legs are the only things that are incredibly sore on my body. Forearms are feeling it a bit from the pull-ups yesterday. Today I hope to leave everything I've got in Alberta. My plan is to be wheeled in a wheelchair on to the plane Monday morning. That will mean I gave it my all. Hahaha.

Here is what's on tap for today:

Event 4 (Sunday morning)
For time (10 minute time limit)
50 double unders
10 burpees
40 double unders
10 burpees
30 double unders
10 burpees
20 double unders
10 burpees
10 double unders
10 burpees

Result: 3:57 (place 10th in this event)

Event 5 (Sunday afternoon)
For time
12 tire flips (jump in and out of tire after each flip)
6 clean & jerks (135/95) - must be 2 distinct movements
Run 300m
9 tire flips
9 clean & jerks
Run 450m
6 tire flips
12 clean & jerks
Run 600m

Result: 14:33 (wasn't happy with that result but it was a hard workout especially when the legs are already taxed)

Final result: 35 out of 53 competitors

See you all soon!

3 comments:

El said...

Holy fuck...6th place in the DU/Burpee workout..that's amazing Dawson...are you prepared to go on in this competition? Cause you just might be!! We'll have to do some major fund raising for that!!! So proud of you!!
El

Unknown said...

Thanks El! I actually finished 10th. I was 6th before they updated the last heat.

As far as going on to California I will have to finish first in the last WOD and everyone above me has to get injured. Hahaha. Which will definitely not happen. So I'm in the top 30 which is where I was hoping to be. I need to finish strong in order to stay top 30.

So... I gave everything I had on the last WOD. now it's time to spill my guts at leave it all here.

Sandra said...

Glad your back and congrats on your hard work at the regionals.
Will there be any postings about your experience?