DAWSON'S BLOG

"Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever." (Summation of Lance Armstrong)

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Zone Diet

I am currently on Day 6 of the Zone Diet. Unfortunately I can't determine whether it is helping me or not other than seeing my weight drop on the scale. I am nursing a cold so my overall production is less than normal. Still trying to keep up with the workouts at CrossFit Kingston with hopes to "sweat out" this cold.

I started off the Zone Diet by doing the prescribed 1:1:1 (carb:protein:fat) ratio with hopes of leaning up a bit and shedding a few pounds so I can build from there. After calculating my lean body weight and physical activity, I have to consume 5 block meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and 3 block meals for snacks. So the first few days were challenging with measuring, weighing, and determining what combinations of food to make.

0 comments: